4th of July, the parking lot behind Vision Theater is home to Leimert park’s annual jazz festival. Music, dancing, and shopping are main attractions. Children’s arts and crafts, face painting, and delicious food are also happening. In past years Marilyn’s had a stand there, and it was nice to not have to wait in a line around the block for once. The turkey leg was probably the best thing I’ve eaten in awhile. Shabazz has the wings and fish cooking, but I am more interested in the bean pie man. Although this cobbler looks out-of-sight, the blueberry pie is a rarity and you’ve got to get it while you can. Dray’s BBQ is there at the Farmer’s market every Saturday morning. Pick up some ribs and a tri tip sandwich. Vision Theatre back lot, 3341 W. 43rd Pl., Los Angeles 1pm-7pm.
- ‘The Story of P-22, LA’s Most Famous Feline’ Opens at NHMLA. on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School on
- Fear And Bloating In Los Angeles – Roger Waters’ Pig-Stravaganza At Staples Center on
- Movie Review: ‘Skid Row Marathon’ at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival on
- Offbeat L.A.: Magic Classes at the Magic Castle with Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell on