Mine is not your typical “Best of 2013” list. First of all, it does not include Trois Mec’s potatoes, which took the foodie world by storm last year. I did not eat at all of the hippest, newest spots this year. However, in 2013 a number of favorites opened up new locations and went brick-and-mortar. I also attended some fantastic food festivals, so thanks to the LA Times, Los Angeles Magazine, LAFW and their PR people, as well as all of the other event planners. Most of my favorites are pretty down-to-earth, except perhaps the uni. I also was impressed by a number of sweets this year. Desserts are definitely showing up some of the main dishes around town.
- ‘The Story of P-22, LA’s Most Famous Feline’ Opens at NHMLA. on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School on
- Fear And Bloating In Los Angeles – Roger Waters’ Pig-Stravaganza At Staples Center on
- Movie Review: ‘Skid Row Marathon’ at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival on
- Offbeat L.A.: Magic Classes at the Magic Castle with Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell on