Johnny Vana and the Big Band Alumni have been serenading the local senior citizens every Tuesday morning from 10:30am until 12:30pm at Las Hadas Mexican Restaurant in Northridge for the last seven years. The youngest member of the band is 82 years old, and the oldest is 94. And these guys are serious musicians. They really are alumni — former members of any big band you can name — Tommy Dorsey, Harry James, Stan Kenton, and the Glenn Miller Band.
- Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival: Live Review and Photo Gallery on
- Take a Risk — Eat Lutefisk on
- Beat Recommends: Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival this Saturday at Queen Mary on
- Fever: an Interview with Kevin John (son of Little Willie John) on
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok A Fantastic, Super Hilarious Ride Through the Galaxy on