Dedicated to all of the recording technicians in the LA area and elsewhere, this delightful compilation cut from Grandaddy. It’s an affectionate (“He records a love song, the production’s right on”) but somewhat winking (“He’ll say ‘have you listened to my new band’/ and we’ll say ‘no but we really like that one song that goes/ tiiiiime is flowing like a river'”) tribute to an icon of the recording trade. And the boopy electronic soundtrack – which sounds exactly like the line about “electronic bands with frostbitten hands” – acknowledges Parsons’ ouevre as something to be admired, even if it’s not your usual cup of tea. Though my favorite songs have notes that are wrong… Alan Parsons in a winter wonderland, indeed.
- Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival: Live Review and Photo Gallery on
- Take a Risk — Eat Lutefisk on
- Beat Recommends: Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival this Saturday at Queen Mary on
- Fever: an Interview with Kevin John (son of Little Willie John) on
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok A Fantastic, Super Hilarious Ride Through the Galaxy on