Power-pop fans rejoice: The Last will be returning to the LA stage for the final set at the final installment of Liquid Kitty’s Punk Rock BBQ, coming up on Sunday, August 7. The band proved to be gathering a good head of steam as they “practiced” for family and friends in San Pedro last weekend. This town has always been richer for the great songwriting and intense onstage presence of Joe Nolte, and we don’t get to see him much these days. An already stellar social event and music festival (which includes Saccharine Trust performing Paganicons, Mike Watt & The Missingmen, Lawndale, Sylvia Juncosa & Somos Mysteriosos) has now become “un-missable” with these additions, so come early, stay late, and get down with one of the realest and most pleasurable bands on the planet.
- Don Most Talks About Happy Days, Directing and His Love of Big Band Music and Creating His New Mostly Swinging CD on
- ‘The Story of P-22, LA’s Most Famous Feline’ Opens at NHMLA. on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School on
- Fear And Bloating In Los Angeles – Roger Waters’ Pig-Stravaganza At Staples Center on
- Movie Review: ‘Skid Row Marathon’ at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival on