Last week the annual Burger Boogaloo hosted by Burger Records outdid themselves, and once again scored the coolest MC ever — John Waters! Mosswood Park in Oakland with the addition of some cool, gigantic, cartoony backdrops provided the perfect place for the 2-day festival. Day one featured Redd Kross, Losin’ Streak, and Baby Shakes. The godfather of punk, Iggy Pop, took it home and showed the young kids how it’s done. Day 2 was headlined by the Buzzcoxks, supported by bands like X, and the FM Knives. Our good friends at There’s Something Hard in There flowed us some of their amazing pics. Can you believe they were all taken with a point and shoot from the crowd? Great stuff. For more pics check out their website.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School on
- Fear And Bloating In Los Angeles – Roger Waters’ Pig-Stravaganza At Staples Center on
- Movie Review: ‘Skid Row Marathon’ at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival on
- Offbeat L.A.: Magic Classes at the Magic Castle with Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell on
- Life Interrupted: A Groundbreaking New Sitcom Starring all Your Favorite Classic TV Icons, but With a Wonderfully Contemporary Avant-Garde Twist! on