- Saint Patrick’s Day Without So Much Puke
- EAT LBC Restaurant Week offers the Best in Long Beach Dining March 22 through 28
- Sunset Magazine’s Margo True Dishes About the Grill & Chill Event at the All-Star Chef Classic Saturday
- watt’s picture of the week – friday, march 13, 2015
- NATAS and Pop Announce Location of 42nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards!
- watt’s picture of the week – friday, march 13, 2015 on
- Favorites from LA Weekly Essentials on
- Johnny Echols of ‘Love Revisited’ Talks About Himself and His Music From the ’60s Until Now on
- Southland Tales: Whatcha Gonna Do? on
- Book Review “I Fought The Law”: The Life And Strange Death Of Bobby Fuller on
- LA Girl
- LA Man
- Live Music
- Offbeat LA
- Photo Essays
- Southland Tales
- Tiki Tiki Saavy
- Upcoming Events
Author Archives: Dukey Flyswatter
Another ape shit gonzo horror comedy from Hong Kong as only they can make it. A group of friends head out for a weekend of drinking and whoring in Thailand. After being chased out of the bars and into a … Continue reading
Acceptable Euro-shock. I include it here because it hasn’t been on DVD and it got a limited release on tape. A hooded killer with a straight razor attacks the residents of a turn of the century sanitarium.
As long as we are on the topic of Monsters on a tropical island, here is the 2nd half of the double feature. The first film of the blood island trilogy, unless you count “Terror Is A Man” some years … Continue reading
The first kill of the movie is a baby, A MUTHAFUCKIN BABY! The baby is eaten by large hormone imbalanced rats played by puppets and daschunds in rat costumes. It’s bad movie heaven.
If you feel like trying the Hulu Plus site for free for a month you can catch all sorts of creepy stuff on the Criterion Collection. This artistic and classy chiller was not only very morbid and gruesome for its … Continue reading
Dreadfully directed and lensed like crap the gore and the cast of old timers refusing to give a bad performance for a bad film make this worth a one time watch.
Corny as Hell but Price and Agnes Moorehead give it some snap crackle pop. The young female is Darla Hood from the Little Rascals all grown up.
Halloween is big business. You’re never gonna see a theme park charging less than forty dollars ever again for their witches brew of rides and mazes and overpriced edibles. It’s the largest retail season next to Christmas and its gaining on … Continue reading
Another great TV made horror movie helmed by Dan Curtis and written by Richard Matheson. Great film noir and Dragnet vibe. I met the actor who played the vampire. He looked almost nothing like his character, plus he had a … Continue reading