- Soul Tasting: 9th Annual Taste of Soul
- “Fuzzy” Knight Brings Blowin’ Smoke Rhythm and Blues Band and the Fabulous Smokettes to Harvelle’s for Some Great Music
- Upcoming Brew Ho Ho Starts Off the Beer Drinker’s Holiday Season Right
- Offbeat L.A.: Fall is in the Air- Apple Picking in Oak Glen
- LA Beat Contest: Win Tix to the YouBloom Music Conference!
- Halloween at ZJU! URBAN DEATH TOUR OF TERROR & PIECES & GRAVE DIGGER – VOICES FROM THE GRAVE | ZJU Theatre Group- Zombie Joes Underground Theater on Urban Death Tour at the Zombie Joe Underground
- LA Beat Contest: Win Tix to the YouBloom Music Conference! | The LA Beat on YouBloom Festival Comes to L.A.!
- Simone Snaith on The Infamous McKamey Manor Considers Toning it Down
- Tom Peterson on Part Two of THE LOS ANGELES BEAT Interview With Emitt Rhodes
- Ella Step on MOCA’s Step and Repeat Performance Series Continues this Saturday at The Geffen
- LA Girl
- LA Man
- Live Music
- Offbeat LA
- Photo Essays
- Southland Tales
- Upcoming Events
Category Archives: Sports
The first air soft zombie hunt and horror maze combo in Bellflower opened in 2012 to mixed reviews and a little naïveté about the biz, but Haunted Hollywood Sports were undaunted and decided to shamble on like any good zombie would and I’m happy … Continue reading
Knock down the walls!
It’s 3am and you can’t sleep? Do you work the graveyard shift and you have a thousand things to get done? Cruise on down to Burbank where you can run your errands all night long. Maybe it’s to cater to … Continue reading
Most of us who have grown up in LA have been to Randy’s Donuts on Manchester at one time or another. On the way to work, on the way home from a concert or just driving around, it’s been part … Continue reading
Back in September of 1978, after a year or so of idolizing all the Dogtown guys, my father took my brother and I down to Skatercross in Reseda and got us memberships; I was twelve, my brother was eight. One … Continue reading
Champion dog surfers will be hanging ten at the Loews Coronado Bay Surf Dog Competition this Saturday, June 22nd, 2013. The “2013 Loews Surf Dog Competition Unleashed by Petco” is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m. at the Imperial Beach … Continue reading
No matter which team you’re rooting for, the Beat has a few spots for you to get some beer and grub. And lots of yelling. Maybe even some guys punching the air. I cannot promise your safety if you are rooting … Continue reading
The third-annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, Los Angeles will return to Will Rogers State Historic Park on Saturday, October 6, 2012. Fresh off the heels of June’s widely popular Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in New York, the Los Angeles event … Continue reading
The Malibu Noseriding Open is $75/open entry/male or female/any age. Register at: http://www.msaclassic.com/register/ This will be the first noseriding-only event at Malibu in more than 5 years.