- Beat Recommends: Xylouris White at Jewel’s Catch One October 29
- Upcoming: Le Reverie Opens Hellion’s Halloween Show with 5 Great Bands this Friday
- Charlie Overbey And The Broken Arrows To Make Their Debut At The Viper Room On November 6
- Family Friendly Halloween Events
- Sweet Talk—Trick or Treat! Give Me Something Good to Eat!
- Wizard of Oz and Monarch Programming | Monarch No Touch Torture aka Gang Stalking Information on Family Friendly Halloween Events
- What to Do Halloween Weekend 2014 in LA | The LA Beat on Urban Death Tour at the Zombie Joe Underground
- What to Do Halloween Weekend 2014 in LA | The LA Beat on Faith & Flower Debuts Fall Cocktails with a Punch
- What to Do Halloween Weekend 2014 in LA | The LA Beat on Dark Harbor Opens Today at the Queen Mary, Get Ready for Fun, Fright, Music and Some ‘Spirited’ Drinking
- What to Do Halloween Weekend 2014 in LA | The LA Beat on Heed Cthulhu’s Call at The Lex Theatre
- LA Girl
- LA Man
- Live Music
- Offbeat LA
- Photo Essays
- Southland Tales
- Upcoming Events
Category Archives: Theater
Events WEST HOLLYWOOD HALLOWEEN COSTUME CARNIVAL October 31 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM Santa Monica Boulevard Between La Cienega and Doheny FREE (323) 848-6503 This is the biggie. If you have never done West Hollywood for Halloween you owe it … Continue reading
3-D Theatrical’s production of Ragtime: The Musical, currently at the Plummer Theater in Fullerton and then followed by an engagement through November 9 at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, gives theatergoers a chance to see a lesser-known musical performed … Continue reading
Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is Back This Thursday: Music, Art and Performance by Talented People in Our Community; and Free Too!
Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is back and you’re invited! Back by popular demand, Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is now a quarterly event. Still held at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery In the Los Feliz neighborhood, … Continue reading
The Steve Allen Theater in Los Feliz has been home to some pretty incredible events. Trepany House may have outdone themselves this time by bringing Re-animator to life once again. The show has been touring the country to rave reviews, and has … Continue reading
There is a small, pitch black cracker box of a theater near the NoHo sign in the valley where the spirit of Halloween and all things dark and disturbing find a place to rest their fangs and horns all year … Continue reading
DOMA Theatre’s “Young Frankenstein”: All the Ambient Creepiness of Halloween yet just as Magical and Heartwarming as Christmas!
TRUTH: Frankenstein is actually a really nice guy, can rock some pretty sweet dance moves–despite his clunky, awkward, thick soled boots—(How he doesn’t trip over those things? I’m still trying to figure.) and smells ever so slightly of aloe vera, … Continue reading
“Actors & Others for Animals” President Jo Anne Worley Generates Excitement for this Coming Monday’s “Celebrity Autobiography” Fundraiser!
With Actors & Others for Animals and Celebrity Autobiography only a few nights away, I was lucky enough to catch up with Mistress of Ceremonies herself: Jo Anne Worley. The fundraiser, slated to take place this coming Monday October 13th, … Continue reading
Sick of this accursed heatwave? Longing for the thrills and chills of the Halloween season to commence? No need to pray to the Great Old Ones, just slither on down to the little theater on the corner of Lexington and … Continue reading
The Ventura County Gilbert & Sullivan Repertoire Company is presenting Gilbert & Sullivan’s most popular and most frequently globally produced operetta, The Mikado. Written in 1865 and set in an imaginary Japanese village, it provides a beautiful setting for Sir … Continue reading