- Tiki, Tiki, Saavy: Ventura’s VenTiki Keeps the Tiki Torch Burning Bright
- Movies Till Dawn: Halloween Dusk-to-Dawn Marathon
- Random LA: “Jittery” Hollywood Halloween Warning at Sunset and Vine
- Actors & Others for Animals and Celebrity Autobiography Join Forces for Best in Show Extravaganza!
- Movie Review: “Housebound”
- Dia de los Muertos Events 2014 | The LA Beat on The Rocky Road to The Folk Tree
- Dia de los Muertos Events 2014 | The LA Beat on LA Girl: Alice Bag’s Calavera Beauty tips!
- Mark Harvey (co-director Keystone Gallery) on GWAR the Exhibit!
- Wizard of Oz and Monarch Programming | Monarch No Touch Torture aka Gang Stalking Information on Family Friendly Halloween Events
- What to Do Halloween Weekend 2014 in LA | The LA Beat on Urban Death Tour at the Zombie Joe Underground
- LA Girl
- LA Man
- Live Music
- Offbeat LA
- Photo Essays
- Southland Tales
- Upcoming Events
Category Archives: Upcoming Events
Olvera Street Merchants Association Now through Nov. 2, 2014 FREE The Olvera Street Merchants and El Pueblo Historical Monument 125 Paseo de la Plaza in downtown Los Angeles (across from Union Station.) (213) 625-7074. Blessings and Novenaria Processions take place along … Continue reading
Sunday from 2:00pm – 5:00pm the Human Rights Campaign LA will host another Dining for Diversity event, this time at Bludso’s BBQ in Compton. Human Rights Campaign (HRC) “represents a grassroots force of more than a million members and supporters nationwide. … Continue reading
Tonight at Jewel’s Catch One, don’t miss the only LA show by Xylouris White, a collaboration between iconic Cretan folk musician George Xylouris and Australian drummer Jim White, who has played for the Dirty Three, Cat Power and PJ Harvey … Continue reading
Le Reverie, coming off of a smash performance at the 3rd Annual Rockers Against Cancer Benefit Show held last weekend with ’70s Glam-rockers the Sweet, again lights up the stage with their unique blend of Gothic, heavy metal, progressive and symphonic … Continue reading
Having risen from the ashes of some of L.A.’s coolest bands, Charlie Overbey and The Broken Arrows make their live performance debut at the Viper Room on the Sunset Strip on Thursday, November 6. Charlie – who hails from ’90s Sunset … Continue reading
A new animated series called Muertoons is being produced by Wilmer Valderrama (“That ’70s Show”), who also voices one of the characters. Created by Eric Gonzales with contributor and artist Erich Haeger, the cartoon stars five sugar skull friends and … Continue reading
3-D Theatrical’s production of Ragtime: The Musical, currently at the Plummer Theater in Fullerton and then followed by an engagement through November 9 at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center, gives theatergoers a chance to see a lesser-known musical performed … Continue reading
Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is Back This Thursday: Music, Art and Performance by Talented People in Our Community; and Free Too!
Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is back and you’re invited! Back by popular demand, Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is now a quarterly event. Still held at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery In the Los Feliz neighborhood, … Continue reading