- Long Beach Zombie Walk Oct 24th-26th
- Billy’s Fish Fry and Community Social is Back This Thursday: Music, Art and Performance by Talented People in Our Community; and Free Too!
- Southland Tales: Metal Singer
- Stuart Gordon’s Re-animator Musical Makes a Splash!
- Obscura Society LA: Exploring DTLA’s Arts District
- Michael Essington on Southland Tales: Metal Singer
- Elise Thompson on Southland Tales: Metal Singer
- Eddie Cook on Southland Tales: Metal Singer
- Stuart Gordon’s Re-animator Musical Makes a Splash! | The LA Beat on Re-Animator™ the Musical: Gut-Busting Entertainment!
- James Eliopulos on Part Two of THE LOS ANGELES BEAT Interview With Emitt Rhodes
- LA Girl
- LA Man
- Live Music
- Offbeat LA
- Photo Essays
- Southland Tales
- Upcoming Events
Tag Archives: sci-fi
The Signal, directed by William Eubank, is a mind-bender of a movie that starts off as a dreamily-paced road trip with three college friends and then careens into a gripping sci-fi mystery that keeps you guessing until the very end. … Continue reading
The stage is somewhat dusky as David Bowie’s Major Tom invested voice croons out the speakers, followed swiftly by Peter Schilling’s somewhat more frantically aggressive rejoinder. (Science fictioney tomes all of ‘em.) The set looks vastly space-shipey, complete with a … Continue reading
What if your life played out over and over and over again like the movie “Groundhog Day” right as you were in the process of dying? What if certain sounds, occurrences and people in the material world played certain key … Continue reading
The Multinauts is a spectacularly cheesy and clever, low-budget sci-fi web series from Telefantasy Studios, which “creates cult movies, music videos, and experimental films using a mix of practical, analog, and computer generated effects.” The ridiculous special effects are definitely one of the best … Continue reading