Despite its giggle-inducing name, Won Kok has some of the best food in Chinatown, from its dim sum to its Peking Duck. Few people notice a little note under appetizers offering “Crispy Fried Milk.” It’s more of a dessert than an appetizer really. It’s a milky coconut custard coated with a fish and chips-style batter. No one I have talked to has ever heard of fried milk, and I have never seen it on another menu. But if you ever end up in Chinatown, it’s worth a stop at Won Kok.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on