Despite its giggle-inducing name, Won Kok has some of the best food in Chinatown, from its dim sum to its Peking Duck. Few people notice a little note under appetizers offering “Crispy Fried Milk.” It’s more of a dessert than an appetizer really. It’s a milky coconut custard coated with a fish and chips-style batter. No one I have talked to has ever heard of fried milk, and I have never seen it on another menu. But if you ever end up in Chinatown, it’s worth a stop at Won Kok.
- watt’s picture of the week – wednesday, june 3, 2020 on
- Movies Till Dawn: What You Could Be Watching This Week (My Friend Drummer Edition) on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Adventures in Background Work: Poseur on
- D. Boon The Day the Music Died: Linda Kite in her Own Words on