Despite its giggle-inducing name, Won Kok has some of the best food in Chinatown, from its dim sum to its Peking Duck. Few people notice a little note under appetizers offering “Crispy Fried Milk.” It’s more of a dessert than an appetizer really. It’s a milky coconut custard coated with a fish and chips-style batter. No one I have talked to has ever heard of fried milk, and I have never seen it on another menu. But if you ever end up in Chinatown, it’s worth a stop at Won Kok.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on