L.A.’s premiere roller derby queens, the Derby Dolls, in conjunction with Council Office CD13 and St. Vincent’s Hospital will be hosting their 4th Annual Community Resource Fair to Help Cultivate Healthy Life Styles for Angelenos in the Central East Los Angeles Area this Saturday August 25 at The Doll Factory.
The event will feature “health screenings such as eye exams provided by Jules Stein Eye Institute, free mammograms for women over 40, STD testing, Be the Match Bone Marrow Registry, and many more healthcare resources. Also, recruitment personnel from the L.A. Sheriff’s Department, PV jobs, and many more career providers will be available. Attendees may RSVP to laddcommunityservice@gmail
The Doll Factory is located at 1910 Temple St., Los Angeles, CA 90026 (between Alvarado and Union). Free parking is available at Silver Lake Medical Center, 1711 West Temple (near the intersection of Temple and Union), one block east of the Doll Factory. For more information about the Job and Health Fair and the L.A. Derby Dolls please visit their website.
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- Scary Movie Alternatives for the Halloween Season: Oct 2nd, “Trilogy of Terror” on
- Lethal Amounts Presents a Timely Art Exhibit ‘Charles Manson: Once Upon a Time in ’69’ on
- LA Girl: Rona Newton-John on
- ‘Nothing Cheezy’ is a Maximalist Art-Inspired Pop-Up Popping Up in DTLA on