Dedicated to all of the recording technicians in the LA area and elsewhere, this delightful compilation cut from Grandaddy. It’s an affectionate (“He records a love song, the production’s right on”) but somewhat winking (“He’ll say ‘have you listened to my new band’/ and we’ll say ‘no but we really like that one song that goes/ tiiiiime is flowing like a river'”) tribute to an icon of the recording trade. And the boopy electronic soundtrack – which sounds exactly like the line about “electronic bands with frostbitten hands” – acknowledges Parsons’ ouevre as something to be admired, even if it’s not your usual cup of tea. Though my favorite songs have notes that are wrong… Alan Parsons in a winter wonderland, indeed.
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Aquarium of the Pacific and Harbor Breeze Cruises: The Grey Whales Return to California! on
- Boatbound Enables Anyone to Quickly and Easily Charter a Boat on