For Friday night, here’s one to get your Christmas party started. Who would have thought PiL and Jose Feliciano would make for such a natural pairing, besides El Vez, the Mexican Elvis. El Vez has two Christmas albums, Merry MeXmas and ‘Sno-way Jose, both filled with great tracks and essential for any fan of the season. This early compilation cut, from the fab CD edition of Sympathy For The Record Industry’s Happy Birthday Baby Jesus, is his most over-the-top, both in noisiness and sheer joyful exuberance.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on