This my favorite bizarre Christmas novelty song. Gayla Peevey recorded it in 1953 when she was only 10 years too. Like Broadway kids, she has that weird mix of grown-up maturity and childish cutesiness that has always made me nervous. The doll-like stares of the young background actresses and the sudden edits because of damaged film do nothing to relieve the surrealism.
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Offbeat L.A.: Harry Perry- The Guitar Playing, Rollerskating, Turban Wearing Kosmic Krusader of Venice Beach on