- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Aquarium of the Pacific and Harbor Breeze Cruises: The Grey Whales Return to California! on
- Boatbound Enables Anyone to Quickly and Easily Charter a Boat on
Tag Archives: Counterpoint Records and Books
At the dawning of the Age of August’s end and the inception of September, the Hollywood Hills Senior Center (aka Hollywood Royale Guest Home) was alive with the Sound of Music with songs uh … no one has ever sung … Continue reading
Saturus: Hollywood’s Newest Electronic Musical Act—Rocks a Few Books off the Shelves at Counterpoint Records and Books!
His name is Ara and he wields a keyboard. His cohort in non-cacophonic anti-crime is Riccardo and he sports a significantly smaller console. Reminiscent of a slightly more youthful and buoyant incarnation of Chromeo—they commence! It is a rhythmically rainy … Continue reading
Counterpoint Records and Books Celebrates 35 Years with 25% Discounts ‘til December 31st for us–Every One!
Ever miss a good ol’ fashioned bookstore around L.A.? Not to mention the new vinyl click and pop of a well worn record (as in music, not the boring statistical kind). Well never fret, one need look no further than … Continue reading
Giuliano Cardella and Marco Bragaglia: A Feast for the Senses by way of a Duet of Deliciousness in the form of Delectable Drawings and Good Eats for the Ears!
It is a warm but cool, breezy, but still pre-Christmas, non-holiday evening as I saunter by Counterpoint Records and Books (5911 Franklin Ave). Catching my eye through the window: a cinematic screen alive with effervescent artistry and a guitar flanked … Continue reading