It’s a desperate but luxurious move to add ice cream to your coffee. but thanks to the proliferation of gelato bars with espresso machines, we are able to take the idea a step beyond. Affogato is becoming increasingly popular in LA. Affogato means drowned in italian. it is simple and pure, as the best things are. Bulgarini has the best affogato I have found so far. Leo and Elizabeth Bulgari spent years traveling Italy to study the old way of making gelato without using mixes. They use no artificial ingredients, locally sourced fruits, and espresso beans they ship from Naples. All of this hard work culminate in a gorgeous cream gelato drowned in hot espresso. As intense yet delicate as angels breath.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on