It’s a desperate but luxurious move to add ice cream to your coffee. but thanks to the proliferation of gelato bars with espresso machines, we are able to take the idea a step beyond. Affogato is becoming increasingly popular in LA. Affogato means drowned in italian. it is simple and pure, as the best things are. Bulgarini has the best affogato I have found so far. Leo and Elizabeth Bulgari spent years traveling Italy to study the old way of making gelato without using mixes. They use no artificial ingredients, locally sourced fruits, and espresso beans they ship from Naples. All of this hard work culminate in a gorgeous cream gelato drowned in hot espresso. As intense yet delicate as angels breath.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on
- Offbeat L.A.: Highway to Hell- The Mysterious Devil’s Gate Dam in Pasadena on
- Call Me: An Interview With Chris Montez on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- “Miss Mercy” Fontenot February 15, 1949 – July 27, 2020 on