The Multinauts is a spectacularly cheesy and clever, low-budget sci-fi web series from Telefantasy Studios, which “creates cult movies, music videos, and experimental films using a mix of practical, analog, and computer generated effects.” The ridiculous special effects are definitely one of the best parts of the show, but the humor is a lot of fun too. The show was created by Christine Adolph, Riley Swift, and director Jennifer Juniper Stratford, who heads Telefantasy. She also writes the Off Hollywood column in Vice Magazine, which pays tribute via interviews and Polaroids (of course) to influential industry folks who are no longer well-known. There are only two episodes of The Multinauts, unfortunately, but Telefantasy’s website has lots of other videos to check out. The episode above, “Flashback”, features local band Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on