Saturday night brought together a collection of world class musicians at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood to celebrate Bass Player magazine’s awards and celebratory concert. The show honored Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats, and Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath. Neither were in the house and sets were played in tribute. The nights honoree who did grace the stage with her presence was the prodigal Tal Wilkenfeld who was given the magazine’s “Young Gun” award. With a jaw dropping set, Tal showed she wasn’t just the best young Bass Player in the world, but one of the best player’s in the world. She complimented her instrumental set with a deeply personal set of her own music showcasing her vocal range and storytelling ability. Review pending. Enjoy the pics.
- Boatbound Enables Anyone to Quickly and Easily Charter a Boat on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- Irish Recipes that Aren’t Corned Beef and Cabbage on
- Offbeat L.A.: 100+ Los Angeles Area Liquor Store Signs- A Photographic Essay of the Vintage, Obscure & the Odd on
- A Skeptic’s Review of Ghost Adventures: Cecil Hotel on