Saturday night brought together a collection of world class musicians at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood to celebrate Bass Player magazine’s awards and celebratory concert. The show honored Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats, and Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath. Neither were in the house and sets were played in tribute. The nights honoree who did grace the stage with her presence was the prodigal Tal Wilkenfeld who was given the magazine’s “Young Gun” award. With a jaw dropping set, Tal showed she wasn’t just the best young Bass Player in the world, but one of the best player’s in the world. She complimented her instrumental set with a deeply personal set of her own music showcasing her vocal range and storytelling ability. Review pending. Enjoy the pics.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on
- Offbeat L.A.: Highway to Hell- The Mysterious Devil’s Gate Dam in Pasadena on
- Call Me: An Interview With Chris Montez on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- “Miss Mercy” Fontenot February 15, 1949 – July 27, 2020 on