Saturday night brought together a collection of world class musicians at the Fonda Theatre in Hollywood to celebrate Bass Player magazine’s awards and celebratory concert. The show honored Lee Rocker of the Stray Cats, and Geezer Butler of Black Sabbath. Neither were in the house and sets were played in tribute. The nights honoree who did grace the stage with her presence was the prodigal Tal Wilkenfeld who was given the magazine’s “Young Gun” award. With a jaw dropping set, Tal showed she wasn’t just the best young Bass Player in the world, but one of the best player’s in the world. She complimented her instrumental set with a deeply personal set of her own music showcasing her vocal range and storytelling ability. Review pending. Enjoy the pics.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on