Stand-up comedian, podcast host, and TV super star (in my mind, anyway), Marc Maron has a few things he needs to get off his chest and has been doing so at the Trepany House every Tuesday in March with proceeds benefitting the Steve Allen Theatre. In what he’s calling “ramble, flounder, and wrestle shows”, Maron is using his LA fan-base to come up with and iron out the kinks for a new hour of stand-up material he can take on the road.
These are magical nights, folks; extended free-form monologues akin to the intros in his ridiculously good WTF with Marc Maron podcast. The audience is just there for his own personal use and I’m thrilled to be a part of it. Stories are told, sometimes not hitting any particular point, other times stumbling upon a little gem that can be worked into a solid bit. Audience members are encouraged to shout out questions and Marc will riff off what is asked.
Come join the fun. You can purchase tickets here for half the price of a movie ticket ($8), and if it happens to sell out online, you can still show up and get in on a standing-room-only seat. In the words of our protagonist, “do it!”.
- Cheap Thrills – We Find The Best 8ths Of Weed For $30 And Under February 2020 Edition on
- Matthew Aucoin’s Eurydice: LA Opera Premieres a Major New Work on
- LA Phil Explores Weimar Germany in February on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Movies Till Dawn: Persons of Interest on