This sordid tale of holiday debauchery comes from the Gulcher Records compilation Xmas Snertz, one of the finest such releases in recent memory. It’s an irreverent but totally boss collection from some of the biggest badasses in Midwestern weirdo-rock history, and MX-80 – whose Rich Stim curated – provides one of its highlights.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on