Local rock & soul heroes the Bellrays have one of the most full-on Christmas albums of recent memory. This track shows Santa making an investment in the future of interplanetary rock and roll, bringing sacks full of electric guitars to the Martians so that by next year, “they’ll have a hot new stack of records to play.” Great idea, but why only guitars? Evidently the music envisioned for the future of Mars has no bass, drums, or keyboards… much like the music of Earth.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on