Power-pop fans rejoice: The Last will be returning to the LA stage for the final set at the final installment of Liquid Kitty’s Punk Rock BBQ, coming up on Sunday, August 7. The band proved to be gathering a good head of steam as they “practiced” for family and friends in San Pedro last weekend. This town has always been richer for the great songwriting and intense onstage presence of Joe Nolte, and we don’t get to see him much these days. An already stellar social event and music festival (which includes Saccharine Trust performing Paganicons, Mike Watt & The Missingmen, Lawndale, Sylvia Juncosa & Somos Mysteriosos) has now become “un-missable” with these additions, so come early, stay late, and get down with one of the realest and most pleasurable bands on the planet.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Offbeat L.A.: Harry Perry- The Guitar Playing, Rollerskating, Turban Wearing Kosmic Krusader of Venice Beach on
- Creatures of the Night:an Interview with Author Jim Fetters on