This Saturday, prepare for a rare local sighting of the lovably off-kilter Deadbeats, presently in action mode to promote their newly released/ seventeen years in the making double album 666-1313 (see our interview with Scott Guerin in which we discuss the topic at length). They’re joined at Safari LA by Nurse Heather Galipo’s other band, Egrets On Ergot, one of the most promising and original acts haunting the LA rock scene; veteran punk poets Saccharine Trust, still pushing forward and seeking new sounds almost forty years after their formation; and the truly unhinged youth of Prissy Whip.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on