For some reason I imagine Wile E. Coyote saying the name of this film. stretching out the “E” dramatically. The first in the series, “The Art of Punk” by the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCAtv), it features interviews with Keith Morris, Chuck Dukowski, Henry Rollins, Flea and the genius himself. A large sampling of Pettibon’s work is interspersed between the interviews. This short film sheds light on the creation of Black Flag, the band members’ close relationship with Pettibon, and the reason for the end of the collaboration. This video was shown on Punk Rock Radio and features a live band, some Black Flag (Don’t tell Greg) and about 20 minutes featuring what feels like a million drawings by Pettibon, which of course is a very small percentage of the drawings he has actually done.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on