For some reason I imagine Wile E. Coyote saying the name of this film. stretching out the “E” dramatically. The first in the series, “The Art of Punk” by the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCAtv), it features interviews with Keith Morris, Chuck Dukowski, Henry Rollins, Flea and the genius himself. A large sampling of Pettibon’s work is interspersed between the interviews. This short film sheds light on the creation of Black Flag, the band members’ close relationship with Pettibon, and the reason for the end of the collaboration. This video was shown on Punk Rock Radio and features a live band, some Black Flag (Don’t tell Greg) and about 20 minutes featuring what feels like a million drawings by Pettibon, which of course is a very small percentage of the drawings he has actually done.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on