For some reason I imagine Wile E. Coyote saying the name of this film. stretching out the “E” dramatically. The first in the series, “The Art of Punk” by the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCAtv), it features interviews with Keith Morris, Chuck Dukowski, Henry Rollins, Flea and the genius himself. A large sampling of Pettibon’s work is interspersed between the interviews. This short film sheds light on the creation of Black Flag, the band members’ close relationship with Pettibon, and the reason for the end of the collaboration. This video was shown on Punk Rock Radio and features a live band, some Black Flag (Don’t tell Greg) and about 20 minutes featuring what feels like a million drawings by Pettibon, which of course is a very small percentage of the drawings he has actually done.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: Dreaming of Wonderland- A Grace Slick Art Show at Mr Musichead Gallery, West Hollywood- October 17th on
- Photo Gallery: Self Help Graphics & Art’s 43rd Annual Dia de los Muertos Celebration on
- Movies Till Dawn: A Slew of Saturday Morning Strange on
- Movies Till Dawn: Old Fears for the New Year on