Marilyn Monroe was officially pronounced dead at her home in Brentwood 56 years ago on this date at the age of 36. Although the official date is August 5th, many people believe she actually died on the 4th. Today fans left tributes to the star at the Corridor of memories in Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, as they have every year on the anniversary of her death. The order for weekly roses from Joe DiMaggio ran out 36 years ago, but someone still leaves half a dozen red roses.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on