Marilyn Monroe was officially pronounced dead at her home in Brentwood 56 years ago on this date at the age of 36. Although the official date is August 5th, many people believe she actually died on the 4th. Today fans left tributes to the star at the Corridor of memories in Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, as they have every year on the anniversary of her death. The order for weekly roses from Joe DiMaggio ran out 36 years ago, but someone still leaves half a dozen red roses.
- Offbeat L.A.: Echo Park Lake – The History of One of L.A.’s Oldest Parks on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Movies Till Dawn: What to Watch This Weekend (Dragon Scholar Invader Edition) on
- Showbiz Royalty Lorna Luft and Barry Manilow Sing All the Hits at the Hollywood Bowl September 6 and 7 on
- An Early Peek at Redline Restaurant and Video Bar on