Tickets are going fast for this rare 35mm showing of Toho’s 1962 monster mash, which pits hometown hero Godzilla against an endearingly ragged Kong on loan from the film’s distributor, Universal Pictures. This is the English-dubbed, American edit of the film, which adds a clunky subplot about news coverage of the monsters from the United Nations, but Ishiro Honda’s gentle spoof of television network excesses and effects director Eiji Tsuburaya’s remarkable miniature work, pyrotechnics and suit creations (of course) still shine through. Doors open at the Vista at 11 a.m. on May 18. Get your tickets here!
- Offbeat L.A.: Dreaming of Wonderland- A Grace Slick Art Show at Mr Musichead Gallery, West Hollywood- October 17th on
- Photo Gallery: Self Help Graphics & Art’s 43rd Annual Dia de los Muertos Celebration on
- Movies Till Dawn: A Slew of Saturday Morning Strange on
- Movies Till Dawn: Old Fears for the New Year on
- Theater Review: Unforgettable at Write Act Repertory Theatre on