Mystic Manor is a dark ride at Hong Kong Disneyland featuring music by Danny Elfman. Unlike the Haunted Mansion, it is not about hauntings, but about a magic music box that makes an old adventurer’s collection come to life. It is a little spooky, with the creepiest aspects of some other Disney attractions like the Tiki Room, Indiana Jones, and the Haunted Mansion, of course. There is an LA connection, with the exterior being inspired by the long gone Bradbury Mansion from Bunker Hill, designed by Samuel Newsom and Joseph Cather Newsom, who also designed the still-standing Carson Mansion in Eureka, California.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on