Mystic Manor is a dark ride at Hong Kong Disneyland featuring music by Danny Elfman. Unlike the Haunted Mansion, it is not about hauntings, but about a magic music box that makes an old adventurer’s collection come to life. It is a little spooky, with the creepiest aspects of some other Disney attractions like the Tiki Room, Indiana Jones, and the Haunted Mansion, of course. There is an LA connection, with the exterior being inspired by the long gone Bradbury Mansion from Bunker Hill, designed by Samuel Newsom and Joseph Cather Newsom, who also designed the still-standing Carson Mansion in Eureka, California.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on