Last Friday, more than 200 surfers from the Los Angeles area joined others around the world as they took part in a hallowed surfing ritual with its roots in Hawaii. Participants circled their surfboards and held hands alongside the Santa Monica Pier at the memorial paddle out as they repeated George Floyd’s name nine times, once for every minute he was held down beneath the knee of a Minnesota police officer.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on
- Offbeat L.A.: Highway to Hell- The Mysterious Devil’s Gate Dam in Pasadena on
- Call Me: An Interview With Chris Montez on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- “Miss Mercy” Fontenot February 15, 1949 – July 27, 2020 on