SST has just issued a press release announcing the reformation of Black Flag. Ron Reyes, of the “Jealous Again” era will be on vocals, Gregory Moore of GONE with 1 year of Black Flag cred (2003) will be hitting the skins.
The man behind the curtain wielding the guitar is litigious Black Flag founder and SST mogul Greg Ginn. Dale Nixon, who recorded bass lines for Black Flag but never appeared in public was originally slated to play bass, but is under contract to appear on “Celebrity Rehab” and thus will “ provide insight and spiritual guidance to the current bass player.” Dale Nixon is actually Greg Ginn.
According to the press release, “Black Flag is in the process of putting finishing touches on a new album…The seeds of this reformation were planted when Reyes invited Ginn to perform with him at his birthday party some two and half years ago. Needless to say — the party was a blast and the two vowed at that time to work on some songs together. The fruition of those efforts will culminate in the release of the new album later this year…Far from being a one-time grab, this reformation has Black Flag recording and touring extensively both in the US and abroad.
“Black Flag are excited to announce that they will be headlining the RUHRPOTT RODEO in Hünxe, Germany on May 18th 2013…they will be playing the UK’s Hevy Fest on Sunday August 4th. More festival and tour dates to be announced soon including BLACK FLAG US Tour Fall 2013.”
And on this side of the ring, we have the formation of Flag, who use a clever variation of the Black Flag bars. The band features founding member Chuck Dukowski, Bill Stevenson of the “My War” era, Stephen Egerton of The Descendents and ALL, and the man who many consider to be the true singer of Black Flag (Sorry, Hank), Keith Morris.
Stephen Egerton on Facebook:
- News! I’m stoked to let you all know that I’m going to be playing with my friends Keith Morris, Chuck Dukowski, and Bill Stevenson in FLAG. Our first show will be at the Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival in Las Vegas in May, 2013. I’m super excited to get to play the music of Black Flag with these guys, whose music I’ve been fanatical about since I was very young. For more info, stop by our page! Hope to see some of you there.Who will capture the Flag? Maybe Dez, Robo, Kira and Henry will want to get in on this before a final decision is made.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on