Johnny Vana and the Big Band Alumni have been serenading the local senior citizens every Tuesday morning from 10:30am until 12:30pm at Las Hadas Mexican Restaurant in Northridge for the last seven years. The youngest member of the band is 82 years old, and the oldest is 94. And these guys are serious musicians. They really are alumni — former members of any big band you can name — Tommy Dorsey, Harry James, Stan Kenton, and the Glenn Miller Band.
- Movies Till Dawn: Gene Wilder Tribute – “The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother” on
- Movies ‘Till Dawn: TV Party on
- Queen of Acid Rock, Grace Slick, Shows Her Art and Speaks Her Mind at Mr Musichead Gallery on
- Bowl for Ronnie at Pinz in Studio City Nov. 7 to Benefit Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund on
- Movies Till Dawn: TV Archaeology (Part 1 – Ash, Sid and Joan Edition) on