Dan Hicks, he of Hot Licks renown, leads the Christmas Jug Band through a story of desperation and angst that must be familiar to plenty of would-be Santas every year. “Some little fatso” makes off with your beard, hat and boots. Dan’s welcome to borrow my spare, it’s in the garage in the box with the jingle bells… so if you go trying to make off with it, you better holler “ho ho ho!” to avoid looking suspicious.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Offbeat L.A.: Harry Perry- The Guitar Playing, Rollerskating, Turban Wearing Kosmic Krusader of Venice Beach on
- Creatures of the Night:an Interview with Author Jim Fetters on