This is what happens when you have a novelty record collector in a hippie blues band, signed to the same label as a famous novelty act, in the sixties. Canned Heat and the Chipmunks. Both acts are right on point, though, and any tension between Bear and the “mice” gets resolved by the end, with Alvin jamming right out to the Heat’s Christmas boogie.
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on