Last week the annual Burger Boogaloo hosted by Burger Records outdid themselves, and once again scored the coolest MC ever — John Waters! Mosswood Park in Oakland with the addition of some cool, gigantic, cartoony backdrops provided the perfect place for the 2-day festival. Day one featured Redd Kross, Losin’ Streak, and Baby Shakes. The godfather of punk, Iggy Pop, took it home and showed the young kids how it’s done. Day 2 was headlined by the Buzzcoxks, supported by bands like X, and the FM Knives. Our good friends at There’s Something Hard in There flowed us some of their amazing pics. Can you believe they were all taken with a point and shoot from the crowd? Great stuff. For more pics check out their website.
- Movies Till Dawn: Gene Wilder Tribute – “The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother” on
- Movies ‘Till Dawn: TV Party on
- Queen of Acid Rock, Grace Slick, Shows Her Art and Speaks Her Mind at Mr Musichead Gallery on
- Bowl for Ronnie at Pinz in Studio City Nov. 7 to Benefit Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund on
- Movies Till Dawn: TV Archaeology (Part 1 – Ash, Sid and Joan Edition) on