Last week the annual Burger Boogaloo hosted by Burger Records outdid themselves, and once again scored the coolest MC ever — John Waters! Mosswood Park in Oakland with the addition of some cool, gigantic, cartoony backdrops provided the perfect place for the 2-day festival. Day one featured Redd Kross, Losin’ Streak, and Baby Shakes. The godfather of punk, Iggy Pop, took it home and showed the young kids how it’s done. Day 2 was headlined by the Buzzcoxks, supported by bands like X, and the FM Knives. Our good friends at There’s Something Hard in There flowed us some of their amazing pics. Can you believe they were all taken with a point and shoot from the crowd? Great stuff. For more pics check out their website.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on