It’s been about 20 years since I’ve had the pleasure of seeing The Red Aunts. Back in the 90’s, I never missed any of their shows, so you can imagine how excited I was to see them onstage again. The clock struck 11:30, and they hit the stage. Father time has been good to those ladies – they looked great. It was a very short set (30 minutes with no encores), but it was a cool set. They played some of my favorites such as “Detroit Valentine”, “Terri Man”, and “I’m Crying”, but I would have liked to have heard more from the “Bad Motherfucker 40 oz” and “#1 Chicken” albums. There was some fun onstage banter between songs (Terri and Kerry were hungover), Leslie’s drumming was SUPER tight, and a quick fist fight broke out in the audience after the 3rd song. All in all, not a bad way to spend a Friday night!
- Tequila on The Cat and Fiddle Offers Afternoon Tea
- Selena M on RIP Embers Lounge
- Paula on Rolling Stones Author To Visit Los Angeles
- Jack Lista on Grandmother of Pearl – Roxy Music at the Kia Forum
- David Arnson on Grandmother of Pearl – Roxy Music at the Kia Forum