It’s been about 20 years since I’ve had the pleasure of seeing The Red Aunts. Back in the 90’s, I never missed any of their shows, so you can imagine how excited I was to see them onstage again. The clock struck 11:30, and they hit the stage. Father time has been good to those ladies – they looked great. It was a very short set (30 minutes with no encores), but it was a cool set. They played some of my favorites such as “Detroit Valentine”, “Terri Man”, and “I’m Crying”, but I would have liked to have heard more from the “Bad Motherfucker 40 oz” and “#1 Chicken” albums. There was some fun onstage banter between songs (Terri and Kerry were hungover), Leslie’s drumming was SUPER tight, and a quick fist fight broke out in the audience after the 3rd song. All in all, not a bad way to spend a Friday night!
- Offbeat L.A.: Echo Park Lake – The History of One of L.A.’s Oldest Parks on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Movies Till Dawn: What to Watch This Weekend (Dragon Scholar Invader Edition) on
- Showbiz Royalty Lorna Luft and Barry Manilow Sing All the Hits at the Hollywood Bowl September 6 and 7 on
- An Early Peek at Redline Restaurant and Video Bar on