Stand-up comedian, podcast host, and TV super star (in my mind, anyway), Marc Maron has a few things he needs to get off his chest and has been doing so at the Trepany House every Tuesday in March with proceeds benefitting the Steve Allen Theatre. In what he’s calling “ramble, flounder, and wrestle shows”, Maron is using his LA fan-base to come up with and iron out the kinks for a new hour of stand-up material he can take on the road.
These are magical nights, folks; extended free-form monologues akin to the intros in his ridiculously good WTF with Marc Maron podcast. The audience is just there for his own personal use and I’m thrilled to be a part of it. Stories are told, sometimes not hitting any particular point, other times stumbling upon a little gem that can be worked into a solid bit. Audience members are encouraged to shout out questions and Marc will riff off what is asked.
Come join the fun. You can purchase tickets here for half the price of a movie ticket ($8), and if it happens to sell out online, you can still show up and get in on a standing-room-only seat. In the words of our protagonist, “do it!”.
- Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival: Live Review and Photo Gallery on
- Take a Risk — Eat Lutefisk on
- Beat Recommends: Tropicalia Music & Taco Festival this Saturday at Queen Mary on
- Fever: an Interview with Kevin John (son of Little Willie John) on
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok A Fantastic, Super Hilarious Ride Through the Galaxy on