It’s the end of summer, we have weathered the first rainstorm of Autumn, and the County Fair is over. We wandered through the endless sea of fried twinkies and ferris wheels last week. We caught the sharks, passed on the dead bodies, and became strangely entranced by a monkey. There are a lot of exciting new rides that spin the riders in strange directions, so next year’s plan will be to wait on the fried chicken, sausages and catfish until after the rides. People wandered through the crowd with unnervingly gigantic stuffed toys, which could be won with just one toss of the ball. And so summer ends, a month after it does everywhere else and we segue gladly into Halloween.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on