It’s the end of summer, we have weathered the first rainstorm of Autumn, and the County Fair is over. We wandered through the endless sea of fried twinkies and ferris wheels last week. We caught the sharks, passed on the dead bodies, and became strangely entranced by a monkey. There are a lot of exciting new rides that spin the riders in strange directions, so next year’s plan will be to wait on the fried chicken, sausages and catfish until after the rides. People wandered through the crowd with unnervingly gigantic stuffed toys, which could be won with just one toss of the ball. And so summer ends, a month after it does everywhere else and we segue gladly into Halloween.
- Offbeat L.A.: Echo Park Lake – The History of One of L.A.’s Oldest Parks on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Movies Till Dawn: What to Watch This Weekend (Dragon Scholar Invader Edition) on
- Showbiz Royalty Lorna Luft and Barry Manilow Sing All the Hits at the Hollywood Bowl September 6 and 7 on
- An Early Peek at Redline Restaurant and Video Bar on