1 pkg.(2 crusts) Marie Callender’s frozen pie crust..(These are just as good as any ‘from scratch’ recipe I have.)
24oz. pkg. fresh bluberries
5 Granny Smith or Pippen apples (peeled,cored, sliced)
2 cups organic sugar
1/3 stick butter
1 cup water
dash nutmeg and cinnamon(to taste)
Add 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar to med. saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring to dissolve sugar. Add blueberries and return to boil then reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 min. remove from heat and let cool.
Add 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar,butter, to med. saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring. Add apples lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon and return to boil, reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 min. Spread out to cool on baking sheet covered in foil.
Preheat oven to 400. Combine fruits in lrg. bowl, mix, and pour through strainer to seperate fruits from juice/sauce(save this liquid).
Add fruit mix to thawed crust, add juice/sauce to desired level, install thawed top crust and pinch edges together all around perimiter.
Make 5+ slits in top crust w/ knife, sprinkle sugar lightly on surface of top crust and bake on foil covered baking sheet approx. 45 min. or untill done. Allow to cool..Enjoy..One of ‘The Dudes’ favorites..!! Abide..!!
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on