4th of July, the parking lot behind Vision Theater is home to Leimert park’s annual jazz festival. Music, dancing, and shopping are main attractions. Children’s arts and crafts, face painting, and delicious food are also happening. In past years Marilyn’s had a stand there, and it was nice to not have to wait in a line around the block for once. The turkey leg was probably the best thing I’ve eaten in awhile. Shabazz has the wings and fish cooking, but I am more interested in the bean pie man. Although this cobbler looks out-of-sight, the blueberry pie is a rarity and you’ve got to get it while you can. Dray’s BBQ is there at the Farmer’s market every Saturday morning. Pick up some ribs and a tri tip sandwich. Vision Theatre back lot, 3341 W. 43rd Pl., Los Angeles 1pm-7pm.
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on
- Offbeat L.A.: Highway to Hell- The Mysterious Devil’s Gate Dam in Pasadena on
- Call Me: An Interview With Chris Montez on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- “Miss Mercy” Fontenot February 15, 1949 – July 27, 2020 on