Mine is not your typical “Best of 2013” list. First of all, it does not include Trois Mec’s potatoes, which took the foodie world by storm last year. I did not eat at all of the hippest, newest spots this year. However, in 2013 a number of favorites opened up new locations and went brick-and-mortar. I also attended some fantastic food festivals, so thanks to the LA Times, Los Angeles Magazine, LAFW and their PR people, as well as all of the other event planners. Most of my favorites are pretty down-to-earth, except perhaps the uni. I also was impressed by a number of sweets this year. Desserts are definitely showing up some of the main dishes around town.
- Highlights from Masters of Taste 2019 on
- Offbeat L.A.: Harry Perry- The Guitar Playing, Rollerskating, Turban Wearing Kosmic Krusader of Venice Beach on
- Blues Legend Guitar Shorty is Coming to the Long Beach New Blues Festival Labor Day Weekend on
- The Ultimate Autobiographical Interview with Mrs. C: Marion Ross’ “My Days: Happy or Otherwise”: From Bogie and Bacall to TV Mother of us All!!! on
- POP’s The Magic Flute Has Three Lives Left on