Mine is not your typical “Best of 2013” list. First of all, it does not include Trois Mec’s potatoes, which took the foodie world by storm last year. I did not eat at all of the hippest, newest spots this year. However, in 2013 a number of favorites opened up new locations and went brick-and-mortar. I also attended some fantastic food festivals, so thanks to the LA Times, Los Angeles Magazine, LAFW and their PR people, as well as all of the other event planners. Most of my favorites are pretty down-to-earth, except perhaps the uni. I also was impressed by a number of sweets this year. Desserts are definitely showing up some of the main dishes around town.
- “The Dragon Prince” is a Win for Fantasy Fans of All Ages on
- Stoner Van Houten: Guardian of the Ranch on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
- Offbeat L.A.: The Blessing of the Animals- A Strange Easter Tradition on