- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Redd Kross and The Side Eyes at The Echoplex on
- A Cheap Thrills Bake-Off! Glass House Farms Vs. Nickel & Dime – Which Grass Kicks Ass? on
- 50 Years Ago Today: The Sylmar Earthquake on
- Offbeat L.A.: That’s Amore- The Oldest Surviving Italian Restaurants & Delis in Los Angeles on
Author Archives: John Gilhooley
NAMM’s (National Association of Music Merchants) annual convention in Anaheim is known for its parties and concerts, but for serious musicians and industry insiders, the enormous convention floor is where the real action is, with a wonderland of over 1500 … Continue reading
Another sold out year for Dimebash 2020, supporting Dimebagzhag Rita Haney’s charity “Ride For Dime,” founded in the name of Dimebag Darrell Abott. The charity is continuing his legacy and supporting causes that were close to Dime, now 15 years … Continue reading
Happy Birthday, Steve Soto – Quick backstory on this photo – with his touring schedule, time was tight. With my OC Weekly deadline and having been fortunate enough to have done previous shoots with Steve, I said to him, “Steve, … Continue reading
In its 21st year, the Punk Rock Bowling and Music Festival still provides an amazing time. Headliners Rancid , The Descendents and The Specials capped oﬀ each night of great music from bands both young and old. Highlights included punk … Continue reading
Stay tuned for band photos and story!
KISS Farewell Tour at The Forum February 16, 2019. All photos by John Gilhooley for The Los Angeles Beat.