1 pkg.(2 crusts) Marie Callender’s frozen pie crust..(These are just as good as any ‘from scratch’ recipe I have.)
24oz. pkg. fresh bluberries
5 Granny Smith or Pippen apples (peeled,cored, sliced)
2 cups organic sugar
1/3 stick butter
1 cup water
dash nutmeg and cinnamon(to taste)
Add 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar to med. saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring to dissolve sugar. Add blueberries and return to boil then reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 min. remove from heat and let cool.
Add 1/2 cup water, 1 cup sugar,butter, to med. saucepan. Bring to boil while stirring. Add apples lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon and return to boil, reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 min. Spread out to cool on baking sheet covered in foil.
Preheat oven to 400. Combine fruits in lrg. bowl, mix, and pour through strainer to seperate fruits from juice/sauce(save this liquid).
Add fruit mix to thawed crust, add juice/sauce to desired level, install thawed top crust and pinch edges together all around perimiter.
Make 5+ slits in top crust w/ knife, sprinkle sugar lightly on surface of top crust and bake on foil covered baking sheet approx. 45 min. or untill done. Allow to cool..Enjoy..One of ‘The Dudes’ favorites..!! Abide..!!
- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School on
- Fear And Bloating In Los Angeles – Roger Waters’ Pig-Stravaganza At Staples Center on
- Movie Review: ‘Skid Row Marathon’ at the 2017 Los Angeles Film Festival on
- Offbeat L.A.: Magic Classes at the Magic Castle with Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell on
- Life Interrupted: A Groundbreaking New Sitcom Starring all Your Favorite Classic TV Icons, but With a Wonderfully Contemporary Avant-Garde Twist! on