- Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Mexican Restaurants in Los Angeles on
- The Chili Size: a Los Angeles Original on
- In Remembrance of a Lucky Man, Greg Lake: 1947-2016 on
- Offbeat L.A.: Harry Perry- The Guitar Playing, Rollerskating, Turban Wearing Kosmic Krusader of Venice Beach on
- Creatures of the Night:an Interview with Author Jim Fetters on
Tag Archives: Hotel
There have been weavers of magic spells since the dawn of man’s existence; those who spin gold from mere thread, create wonderlands and sprout bouquets of sweet smelling flowers from their imaginations. Some of these magicians may not even consider … Continue reading
Filled with celebrities, balloons, and dozens of marching bands, the Hollywood Christmas Parade is one of the biggest Christmas parades in America. 2016 marked the 85th observation of this Southern California holiday tradition.
The Hollywood Hotel is among the many groups that partner with the parade to wrangle the balloons as the parade proceeds through the streets of Hollywood. This year, they extended a special offer to their guests to join the parade team as a balloon wrangler.
I was invited to join the Hollywood Hotel balloon team to get a behind the scenes look at the parade. Here’s a recollection of that experience! Continue reading